The Bradley Fire Department was established in 1892. In the beginning, fire personnel were alerted about fires by loud sirens that would sound throughout the village. When technology advanced, the fire personnel’s home phone then began to ring to notify them of emergencies.
This system is known as the "fire phone." The phone constantly rings until picked up and the dispatcher is heard over the phone line. Today, all personnel carry a fire pager, but the Bradley Fire Department has also continued the tradition of the fire phone.
The Bradley Fire Department has had its share of historic fires and incidents. The command system was used in each of these events and kept all personnel safe.